This is a WordPress Tutorial for you to learn how to create own Free-Self Hosted blog or website using Hostinger Web Hosting. WordPres is the most popular open source CMS in the World. Let’s start step by step. To create a new Self Hosted WordPress Blog, we will work on these 3 things.
In this tutorial I’ll use one of my domain name which is gulshankumar.net to show you personally, how you can easily setup WordPress in the Hostinger Free Shared hosting. If you have already a domain name. Then it’s great, you can Skip to Hosting.
If you are Installing WordPress or website for first time, Now if you don’t have a domain name. So, you can Register a Free domain name for your website such as www.example.tk
To register a Free domain name, I refer you to go http://my.dot.tk.This website original name is dot.tk but later it has been renamed to freenom. Anyway, If you need Free Domain for your WordPress website you need to Create an account. Using Facebook or Gmail account, You can easily sign up in one click by allowing dot.tk app.
Else, you can also register by manually entering one by one basic required details in the registration form at dot.tk As you wish! So, next, I hope you have been choosing your choice domain name and register also.
Since we are going to Install WordPress with Free Hostinger Hosting, We have to connect our domain to Hostinger server using name servers. It is very easy.
So, Login to your domain panel > Go to Manage > Name Server. So we have to add the following NAME-SERVERS details of Hostinger. Replace your older nameserver with these Hostinger nameservers.
After updating nameserver in domain panel, We have to wait to approximate up 30-45 mins. BTW, general time is 24 hrs for everyone. But, don’t worry it finish usually quickly on a new domain. Now our domain panel work has been finished.
Let’s move to set up Hosting cPanel for Installing WordPress. Actually it is a very interesting any easy, First, you need a Hosting Account as I have said. If you have already. It’s great or you can Register a Hostinger account (Free). You can directly Login with Google+ or Facebook or you can complete your registration manually.
- Go to Hosting > + New Account
- Order Free Package
- Add your Domain Name or if you still don’t have a register, You can choose Sub-domain to Install WordPress.
Enter Captcha code > Click Order >
- From Hosting Account List > Select Domain > Click Manage and go to cPanel
- Now you will see cPanel for your domain like this. Here you will have basic all control for your website.
- In cPanel if you may see alert message – “Your domain is not pointing to our nameservers at the moment…” Solution – Be sure, you have updated correct nameserver as I have told you above. You can also find Hostinger Nameserver at Details page. If you confirm then Login after 1 or 2 hours. It will be automatically fixed. Because the name server takes some time to complete propagation. Okay.
- In cPanel, The very first thing > Go to File Manager 1 > Install File Manager.
- Open File Manager 1 > Delete all previous files such as default.php and .htaccess.preinstall files. If you will not delete you will see only company default page. In case if you are not able to open cPanel that time, wait some time or try file manager 2, go to public HTML(your main directory), delete from there.
Now your Hostinger cPanel is ready to Install WordPress.
Installing Self-Hosted WordPress
To Install new WordPress, Open your Hosting cPanel Go to Auto Installer > Click WordPress >
Enter basic Details for installing new Self Hosted WordPress Blog.
You should leave by Default path of Installation. If you want to Install on another directory then only add example.com/directory-name/ else you should leave blank to keep your WordPress at home directory. Ok so, After entering all details for your Self-Hosted WordPress, Click INSTALL the and Wait for 1 min, You will see a notice that Installation has been successfully completed. If not complete then reload the same page. This is how you can easily install self-hosted WordPress on Hostinger.
How to Open New WordPress Dashboard?
- To Open your WordPress Dashboard
> Go to www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/ > Just Login and Start Exploring and feel the real power of self-hosted WordPress.
- After login, Click on Dashboard. WordPress is blessed with so many Plugins and Themes. Add New Post, Page, Manage Widgets from Appearance > You can change the theme from Appearance, and many things you can do. This CMS is well popular for Search-Engine friendly nature. It is best for SEO.
Let’s try ! Have a Good Luck.If you like this tutorial, Please SHARE through Social Media.
I’m the big fan of WordPress. I can help you as much you need. If you need any help or have any query you can contact me. I would love to listen from you. Thank-you so much. ♥